Description: SUMMARY: Directly supervises Assembly/Production employees; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning/scheduling, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of production and operating workers, such as inspectors, precision workers and/or assemblers. Manage the flow of product and inventory to assure quality and inventory accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Enforce safety and sanitation/housekeeping regulations.
• Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production, shipping and receiving areas to get all orders completed accurately and on time daily.
• Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to production schedule.
• Confer with other workers to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
• Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
• Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, or engineering.
• Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
• Observe work to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
• Develop processes and procedures for accurate and timely transactions to support production requirements
• Develop and monitor inventory processes through production transactions for accuracy and timeliness to ensure correct production of inventory and consumption of material.
• Cycle count all production areas weekly and monthly; reconcile the production bins to ensure accuracy and perform annual physical inventory.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
. Requirements: QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED; 2-4 years supervisory experience preferred in an assembly manufacturing environment; lean manufacturing experience a plus.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reading and/or training materials as well as federal/state regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures as needed. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and/or the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and proportions to practical situations
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Must have strong data entry, organizational and interpersonal skills.
o Must be able to use Microsoft Excel to manage job schedules to functions.
o Must understand bill of materials and production transactions.
o Strong ability to drive change and implement processes
o Ability to review and distribute production, work, and shipment schedules; confer with others to determine progress of work and completion dates; and compile reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and production problems
o Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
o Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
o Time Management; Managing one's own time and the time of others
o Management of Material Resources; Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work
o Analyzing needs and product requirements
o Examine documents, materials, or products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications
o Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it
o Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes
o Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
o Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work
o Using a computer application to record transactions, retrieve specific records, and create reports to communicate the information
o Record production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, or quality control measures
o Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear; the employee is also required to occasionally lift 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee is regularly exposed to working near moving mechanical parts.
Radians, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.