Description: SUMMARY: This position provides analytical, research and organizational support related to customs and trade compliance to further the Company's efforts on new and existing product development, vendor selection and risk management. This position identifies and manages compliance risks and recommends opportunities to improve workflows.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Support department requirements for documentation collection, evaluation and retention
• Support processes as it relates to customs operations and trade compliance
• Serve as a company contact with internal stakeholders and external service providers including our customs brokers, freight forwarders and government agencies
• Support in research and preparation of binding rulings, scope rulings, post-entry amendments, CF28 and CF29's
• HTS classification (US and International), schedule B assignment for all merchandise categories
• Support international export program to include screenings and preparation of necessary export documents such as NAFTA certificates and COO requests
• Post shipment/entry document review for Customs audit
• Collect, enter and validate product and vendor data to support COO claims
• Support other International Logistics and Trade Compliance team initiatives, as necessary
• Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
. Requirements: QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum 2 years of experience in International Logistics and Trade Compliance; or equivalent combination of training, education and experience
• Computer systems such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, Accounting/Buying/Purchasing database systems (Epicor/Prophet 21 experience a plus) and the ability to manage files and records, creating forms, and other office procedures and terminology.; Strong knowledge of Excel functionality utilizing VLookups, Pivot Tables, helpful; Recommended for a buyer/planner to have hands-on experience with MRP system
• Must have strong communication skills with ability to communicate verbally, working with vendors, customers, operations, sales, other departments within the company
• Previous experience with export compliance, foreign classification and managing CBP relationships strongly preferred
• Must be detail oriented and very good and problem solving
• Must be intermediate or advanced level in Excel / MS Office, have strong analytical and computer skills, organizational and interpersonal skills; excellent planning skills
• Experience with Integration Point platforms a plus
• Demonstrated experience with document audits and database design, management, and reporting
• Ability to research and effectively summarize difficult topics
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and understanding of implications
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage cross-functional projects, and to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee has to occasionally stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; the employee is frequently required to walk; the employee is required to regularly sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee is potentially subject to risk of electrical shock working around office equipment.