Job ID: 2020-9669
We're SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they'll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you'll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we're all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think. So we're spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It's no small task. That's why we're looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
We are seeking a dynamic Freelance Designer to join SmileDirectClub's growing internal creative team that works on every facet of the brand, retail, product and customer experience. Our ideal candidate will be a collaborative creative, conceptually strong and an all-around creative thinker who is in the know on current trends as well as historic design influences.
You take things further without being asked because you strive to find creative and design solutions that are memorable. You aren't afraid of feedback and see it as a challenge to keep pushing your solutions. You love technology, but know that it is a tool, not a solution. You have formal design training, but are happy to look to influences from far flung corners of your world of experience. You apply design as a method of thinking to the way you work, as much as the work itself. You love typography as much as photography, print mediums and finishing options. You appreciate film, music, retail design, furniture, architecture, and fashion. You understand why work is good or maybe less-than-good and you know when and where to draw that line. More than that, you know when and where good work is appropriate. And when it is less than good, you know the concept is worth pursuing even when it turns in unexpected directions. You ask why, and you never balk at when. You know that ideas are communal, best formulated in relationships with your fellow creatives. You understand that You have been around the block a few times. You are looking for responsibilities, not tasks.
Working with the Art directors, writers and our Creative Director you will be responsible for the design and execution of innovative visual materials for integrated initiatives.
You must be able to work individually as well as with multi-disciplinary teams, across diverse mediums and marketing channels. Send us your best work. We want to see smart, brand-building ideas and executions that are extraordinary and memorable.
It will really make us smile if you have...
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- 3-5 years of experience at an agency, brand or internal creative team environment.
- A portfolio showcasing a wide-range of design work on the forefront of design, creative concepts, mediums, and creative thinking.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and confidently while working collaboratively with art directors, writers, and other designers to carry out creative concepts from idea to perfection.
- Experience finding design solutions in a variety of marketing channels, print, broadcast, retail and digital experiences.
- Highly conceptual thinking in visual and interaction design.
- Desire to help foster a great creative culture and define the look and feel of what is next in design trends.
- Ability to move from one project to the next without skipping a beat.
- Ability to work autonomously and with the team- we need people who can execute the ideas of others, as well as collaborate and come up with great ideas on their own
- A flexible personality that can thrive in the fast-paced environment of a rapidly growing start-up company
Benefits of Joining the Club
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with match
- Aligner and Whitening Benefit
- Collaborative work environment and positive culture
SmileDirectClub was founded on a simple belief: everyone deserves a smile they love. The Company is the first digital brand for straightening your smile, created after the realization that recent trends in 3D printing and telehealth could bring about disruptive change to the invisible aligner market by matching licensed professionals, a quality clear-aligner product, and customers together. By leveraging proprietary, cutting-edge technology, SmileDirectClub, LLC-affiliated dentists are providing greater access of care to consumers who couldn't otherwise afford orthodontic treatment to get a better smile.