Manager, Software Engineering
Job ID: 2020-10268
Category: Software Development
We're SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they'll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you'll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we're all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think. So we're spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It's no small task. That's why we're looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
SmileDirectClub is seeking a technical Software Development Manager to drive mobile app and service development. You are a passionate technical leader with experience in both commercial and open source stacks and always championing for a best of breed approach to tooling and methodology. Your experience in enterprise level software development will allow you to contribute and execute upon technical initiatives that are of a complex nature. Understanding of domain driven architecture, event sourcing, distributed systems, concurrency, performance and scale will allow you to create and lead a team to build resilient products that stand the test of time.
- Lead, mentor and support a team of passionate technical professionals fostering a high-performance culture.
- You will be a part of setting a culture of creativity, innovation and excellence in all areas of engineering and technology.
- Establish and enforce coding standards and best practices.
- Mentor and train developers.
- Provide architectural & engineering expertise in all areas of application development.
- Motivate and inspire developers and evangelize the architecture's features for the enterprise.
- Ensure adherence to the software development lifecycle across engineering personnel.
- Ensure that any product created is centered around excellence and quality.
- Work with other business units and collaborate with technology leadership on roadmap execution.
- Steward multiple engineering groups through the agile delivery process while optimizing the way that the team works.
- Plan and manage the overall delivery roadmap for multiple technical initiatives.
It will really make us smile if you have...
- Clear and concise communication skills and advanced level of English.
- Experience developing substantial mobile applications in both iOS and Android.
- Experience working with pub sub style architectures or any distributed equivalent.
- Test driven development experience.
- Extensive cloud experience preferably in Amazon Web Services or Azure.
- Extensive experience building services in either a micro-service or SOA setting.
- Experience implementing with third party ERP, CRM and DMP.
- Understanding of business intelligence and analytics.
- Experience with ecommerce platforms e.g. Magento, Shopify, BroadLeaf
- Experience with both traditional RDBMS platforms such as Postgres or Mysql but also exposure and experience to NoSQL based platforms such as MongoDB and elastic search.
- Experience with at least two application development stacks e.g. .NET standard and Python or Ruby
- Understanding and experience of continuous integration and build and release practices.
- Interoperability framework experience; Protocol Buffers or equivalent.
- Expert knowledge in service topology, protocol, security and discovery; SOAP, REST
- Full understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- 7+ years of overall technical implementation experience as either a senior developer or team lead.
- 5+ years of experience as an engineering manager.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience at an enterprise level.
Benefits of Joining the Club
Benefits of joining the club:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with match
- Aligner and Whitening Benefit
- Collaborative work environment and positive culture
SmileDirectClub was founded on a simple belief: everyone deserves a smile they love. The Company is the first digital brand for straightening your smile, created after the realization that recent trends in 3D printing and telehealth could bring about disruptive change to the invisible aligner market by matching licensed professionals, a quality clear-aligner product, and customers together. By leveraging proprietary, cutting-edge technology, SmileDirectClub, LLC-affiliated dentists are providing greater access of care to consumers who couldn't otherwise afford orthodontic treatment to get a better smile.
- What is SmileDirectClub? Link here.
- What are our customers saying? Link here.
- What is a SmileShop? Link here.
- What is our culture like? Link here.
- How do we celebrate your team members? Link here.