Description: SUMMARY: The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for scheduling the team; managing orders due daily to meet the required order ship date; and ensuring proper documentation and customer specific shipping requirements are met. The supervisor will be responsible for managing shipping by overseeing the shipping process of customer orders. They will assist in all aspects of the shipping process, including reviewing open orders, shipped not manifest orders, and managing the expediting of orders to ensure orders are packed and shipped in an efficient, timely, and accurate manner.
The Shipping Supervisor will also provide hands on leadership and training to shipping team to assist in strategic growth and development of individual, team, and company-wide goals. They will lead and participate in orientations, training, and ongoing development of shipping team personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintain on time and accurate shipping of all orders.
• Ensure that all orders are prepared and shipped to meet customer specific requirements.
• Utilize company software to create and schedule orders in accordance with delivery due dates.
• Maintain good housekeeping and organization in the shipping area.
• Verify all ISO processes and work instructions are current and being followed.
• Manage timekeeping system for direct reports.
• Produce daily, weekly and monthly metric data to senior management as directed.
• Promotes personal accountability by identifying goals, setting expectations and providing on-going feedback on associate performance with formal evaluation provided regularly.
• Promotes a quality culture by demonstrating customer focus.
• Regularly communicates customer feedback to employees in order to facilitate collaborative problem solving
• Takes ownership of employee training and development by ensuring that appropriate and required training is completed for direct reports
• Constructively interacts with internal customers
• Ensure the team is cross-trained to perform multiple positions within the department, allowing adequate coverage for all functions when staff members are out on PTO.
• Oversee the activities and performance of the shipping team.
• Liaise with other company functions as necessary.
• Drives the companys vision and mission by reinforcing ethics, values and quality policies throughout their area of responsibility
• Other duties may be assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position leads and directs the activities of full-time and temporary staff to ensure achievement of goal-established productivity and efficiencies are met. The position supervises employees and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of them. This positions responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
. Requirements: QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma is required, as well as 2-4 years of supervisory experience preferred, preferably in a distribution environment; and ability to work in a team environment.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reading and/or training materials as well as federal/state regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures as needed. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and/or the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and proportions to practical situations
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must be detail oriented and very good at problem solving.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Must be proficient in MS Office and general ERP systems and have strong data entry, organizational and interpersonal skills. Must have a strong attention to detail.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and /or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a warehouse environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Radians, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.